The proper procedures involved with injecting anabolic steroids should be considered an important topic to anyone who self administers these drugs.
Aspects that should be clearly understood include:
1. the proper site for injection
2. what kind of syringe to use
3. how the solution should be prepared, as well as the most prudent sanitary procedure.
A failure to adehere to proper injection guidelines may be hazardous.
An oil and water based anabilis steroids should be taken intramuscularly. This means that the shot must penetrate the skin and subcutaneous tissue to enter the muscle itself.
THREE ACCEPTABLE SITES FOR INTRAMUSCULAR INJECTIONS:
B) LATERAL SURFACE OF THIGH
C) DELTOID REGION
Ideally, intramuscular injestions should be given deep within the muscle and away from the major nerves and blood vessels.
Injecting oil based steroids(deca durabolin, masteron, primobolan, sustanon, testosterone enathate)
is done with intramuscular needle (1,5 inch long),
while water based steroids(testosterone suspension and winstrol depot)
are injection with smaller and shorter subskin needle (0,5 inch long).
What to look for before injecting:
- Check the expiry dates of every product.
- Make sure that the vial or ampoule contains the right drug in the right strength.
- During the whole preparation procedure, material should be kept sterile.
- Wash your hands before starting to prepare the injection.
- Disinfect the skin over the injection site.
- Make sure that there are no air bubbles left in the syringe.
- Once the protective cover of the needle is removed extra care is needed.
- Do not touch anything with the unprotected needle.
- Once the injection has been given take care not to prick yourself or somebody else.
- Make sure that contaminated waste is disposed of safely.
- Vial with required liquid or solution, syringe of the appropriate size, needle of right size (im, sc, or iv) on syringe, disinfectant, gauze.
How to inject?
1. Wash your hands.2. Reassure yourself / patient's for procedure.
3. Uncover the area to be injected(lateral upper quadrant major gluteal muscle, lateral side of upper leg, deltoid muscle).
4. Disinfect the skin.
5. Relax the muscle.6. Insert the needleswiftly at an angle of 90 degrees (watch depth!).
7. Aspirate briefly; if blood appears, withdraw needle. Replace it with a new one, if possible, and start again from point 4.
8. Inject slowly (less painful).
9. Withdraw needleswiftly.
10.Press sterile cotton woolonto the opening. Fix with adhesive tape.
11.Check yourself / patient's reaction and give additional reassurance, if necessary.
12.Clean up; dispose of waste safely; wash your hands.
It might sound complicated but it is actualy really simple.
People Also Search For: